Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hey Everybody :)

Hi guys! My name is Kiran and im currently a sophomore at Ship. I came into school declared as a Psychology major and I absolutely love it. I really want to help people and I find it fascinating to learn and understand the way people think. I absolutely love music (going to shows) , sports (Philadelphia!) and dance, I've grown up around the three my entire life. I have been blessed with a really understanding family who always push my brother and I to explore new things. That led to me finding my love for photography and photos.
When scheduling for this semester I came across the description for this class and it really interested me. I have always loved books and I thought it would be cool to be in a class that devoted much of the time to reading and interpreting different types. The last book that I read is actually one of my all time favorites by Alice Sebold entitled, The Lovely Bones. It was my fourth time reading it and I seem to enjoy it more and more every time.
 When it comes to pop culture I seem to have a broad spectrum of interests. Music wise I will listen to anything that captivates me whether it be Country to old Hip Hop and R & B, but i would have to say my favorites right now are Mac Miller, Taylor Swift, Wale, Passion Pit and The Audition. Movie wise I love any romantic comedy, I am currently really excited to see "No Strings Attached" with Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman. When it comes to TV I'd like to say that I don't watch a whole lot of it but I'd be lying if I said wasn't addicted to television shows like 'Jersey Shore', 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'E! News' (who doesn't love their celebrity fix).
 

Literature to me personally just means anything that I can read and comprehend that will teach me something I did not know before. Personally, I believe that I have had pretty good experiences with literature both in High School and in my personal life and I hope to keep it as part of my routine for years to come.

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I am so excited to get started with this class!

5 comments:

  1. Kiran!
    I love love love Pretty Little Liars also, I've read the book before seeing the show and can't WAIT to see how the show interprets it!
    Philadelphia ALL the way! My family is all about Philly and I've also grown up going to the games for as long as I can remember.
    Thanks for helping me last night with what I missed in class on Tuesday!
    -A
    jk.. ashley =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philly is definitely where it's at. Flyers, Eagles, Phillies and 76ers (well not so much them, they suck) are my favorite teams, I put my heart into every season, just to be letdown :( Do you go to games often? I really hope to excel in the Marketing field and be able to work with one of those franchises. Anyway, to be honest, I love Taylor Swift, can't deny it, I just do. My favorite song of hers is "Mine". I also like romantic comedies, I just recently saw "How Do You Know" with Reese Witherspoon and Paul Rudd (great actor btw), it was pretty good, definitely redbox that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Bones...such a dark book! It must be the "psychology" side of you coming out :) Welcome to class. I look forward to reading your perspectives on the literature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's awesome that you enjoy helping people! Helping others is also a passion of mine. What kind of dancing interests you? I believe that dancing is a good outlet to really express yourself and your emotions. Did you ever watch the movie for Lovely Bones?? I enjoyed it. As for your television choices, jersey Shore has definitely become my addiction haha! I definitely thought it was so much drama, but for some reason my eyes are glued to the screen when it comes on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I just have to say that it's AWESOME that you have not only heard of Sparks the Rescue, but actually like them. I bought their record at Warped Tour this past summer and have been pretty much obsessed since! Anyway, I liked that you credited your parents for helping you become who you are today. My parents have definitely played an important role in my life too and, like yours, have always been really understanding! Which, I must say, is pretty awesome. Oh, and Ashton is up their on my list of favorite actors, so I'm pretty excited to see "No Strings Attached" too. :)

    ReplyDelete